Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tips For Natural Hair

So I mentioned in my previous post that I've been natural all my life. Although I have been natural for a long time I haven't always taken preclusions to take care of my hair. As time goes on I'm still learning the right methods and techniques to keep my hair in great shape. In this post I am going to be sharing some tips and tricks that you might want to use to help your natural hair thrive.

Tip #1-Is to avoid putting rubber bands in your hair. Rubber bands tear out your hair and will have you looking like Susie from rugrats from all the breakage your hair will accumulate. Hair breakage is something most people with natural hair will try to avoid. As an alternative its good to use metal-less hair ties. When you use metal less hair ties you breakage will be greatly reduced because it will not pull on your hair as much as rubber bands. Your hair will thank you greatly for you taking good care of it.

Tip #2-Try to use the LOC method which is a acronym for liquid, oil, and cream. I use the LOC method and it helps to keep my hair moisturized, shiny, and manageable. The LOC method is primarily used to steal in the moisture in your hair. My viewers that have not yet tried this method should try it and tell me your results.

Tip #3- Take care of your protective styles. If you have a hard time styling your natural hair, or you don't always have time to fix up your hair. Protective styles might be the necessary option for you. People often forget to take care to their hair when they have protective styles. If you have braids in for a protective style it is a good idea to keep your scalp moisturized, and clean. Since you will have braids for a good amount of time it will help with breakage if you hair is moisturized. You will notice less fall out when you take out your braids. Next if you decided that wigs are the right option for you, you should make sure your hair underneath is well taken care of. If you have a wig you should make sure you detangle, and wash your hair underneath.

Tip #4- You should avoid combing you hair when its dry. If you're a curly girl or boy it is easier to comb your hair when its damp it will be easier to detangle. Another benefit of combing you hair wet would be that  you will have less breakage than when its dry. A good tip would be to comb your hair out with conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment