Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Flexi Rods

Being natural can be very tedious and time consuming but with the right skills and methods anyone can handle it. Lately I have been doing the same thing with my hair every day wash and go's , and twist outs. I wanted to spice things up a little bit, so I decided to do something different. I started to think about what hair styles I could do that would both look nice , not be too damaging. Among my options were braids, weave, flexi rods. Ultimately I deiced to go with flexi rods. I've been using flexi rods on and off for a couple of years now ,and it still gets complicated at times. I would consider perfecting flexi rods as a skill. The cons of flexi rods are how easily tangled it can become when your putting them in, how uncomfortable it can get to sleep on, and it might give you a head an headache from all the pulling on your scalp. The benefits of using flexi rods are the fantastic look it gives you , how long your curls will last, and how manageable your hair will be. Before I started doing my flexi rods my hair was looking very dull, and dry. Although it wasn't in its best condition I take good care of my hair so it didn't look too horrible. My hair needed some relief from the pain it was in. I'll insert a picture.
I started to do my hair flexi rods on freshly washed hair . When I did my flexi rod set I used four products only a spray bottle, Eden's curl defining cream, , eco style coconut gel, and argon oil mousse . All These products are relatively cheap ,and they help to moisturize your hair it works extremely well on natural hair. Your natural hair will thank you  with all the shine, bounce, and body your hair will have. If you have relaxed hair I recommend using a little of the eved curl defining cream because it will weight your hair down just a tad.
Here are some photos of me with my flexi rod set in. I was having fun with it ,and being silly don't take my to serious. I really had fun taking these pictures. In the photos you can see how shiny my hair is, that it looks very healthy, and neat.


Sleeping on flexi rods can be very painful, so you might want to do flexi rods once in a while for your heads benefit. Also you should take your time while unwrapping your flexi robs if you do it too fast some of your hair strands might come out and you don't want that to happen. A tip would be to put a bit of oil on your fingers and unwrap it slowly. This is a picture of me when I took out my flexi rods. In the picture you can see my hair is reflecting the light, and looks super shiny.
These are the final results of my flexi rods set. It is a big improvement from what I started with so I'm very happy with the result. I will continue to use these products and see how it will effect the healthiness of my hair. Until next time Tammy 💜



No comments:

Post a Comment